The Pomegranate Workshop is a 9 year old Mumbai based arts education company. In 2012 Pomegranate was selected through an international call for applications as a mentee company of the UK based Cherie Blair Foundation helmed by Cherie Blair, wife of former British Prime Minister Tony Blair. Selected as a ‘standout’ performer by the Cherie Blair Foundation in 2013, Pomegranate has been featured as a case study in a research report and film presented at the Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) Annual Conference in Glen Cove, New York.
(Report and Video available on: http://v4w.org/news-resources/resources/item/yfe-final-report)
Cherie Blair made a visit to The Pomegranate Workshop in 2014 and interacted with the team, workshop participants as well as parents of participants.
Pomegranate has delivered workshops for over 2500 children and young adults in the areas of theatre, creative writing, visual art, film making and animation. Pomegranate’s programs for adults have been delivered to over 1000 participants in the areas of art, fiction writing and story telling.
Pomegranate’s Programs are delivered at schools across Mumbai throughout the academic year:
Pomegranate has extensive experience in working with children from all demographics ranging from International Baccalaureate Schools to Schools following Madrassa education. The programs are delivered in multiple languages.
Pomegranate programs are delivered at:
International Baccalaureate Schools : Ascend International; Aditya Birla World Academy; D Y Patil International School, Worli; D Y Patil International School, Nerul; Fazlani Academy
ICSE schools : MSB Education; Shishuvan; India First Foundation School, Karjat; Nirja Mody School, Jaipur
Cambridge Board School : Don Bosco International
Mumbai Municipal Corporation schools: Pomegranate develops curriculum and trains facilitators through RPG Enterprises Corporate Social Responsibility program, for Municipal Corporation run schools in Mumbai
Pomegranate affiliation with Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai (Industrial Design Center, IIT Bombay)
Pomegranate has a tie up with the Bamboo Studio incubated by IIT Bombay, helmed by Prof A G Rao who spearheads the team which conducts art and science based workshops for Pomegranate.
Childrens Film Society of India (Union Ministry of Information and Broadcasting)
The Childrens Film Society of India, under the aegis of the Union Ministry for Information and Broadcasting has engaged Pomegranate exclusively for conducting all workshops in film making, scripting and animation at the prestigious Biennial International Childrens Film Festival of India (ICCFI) for the last two consecutive festivals in Hyderabad in 2011 and 2013.
National Center for the Performing Arts, Mumbai
In July 2014, Pomegranate’s adaptation of the classical Greek play Antigone was selected by the National Center for the Performing Arts (NCPA), Mumbai, one of South Asia’s largest multi venue cutltural centres and performed at the prestigious Godrej Theatre as part of NCPA’s Zest Youth Theatre initiative.
International Children’s Film Festival of India
Two films made by children at Pomegranate’s film making workshops – one live action and one animation were selected and screened in the International competition category of the Little Directors section of the 17th International Childrens Film Festival India (ICFFI November 2011) organized by the Childrens Films Society India under the aegis of the Information and Broadcasting Ministry, Government of India. This is the largest childrens film festival in the world.
- RPG Enterprises (Curriculum development and facilitator training for their CSR program – ‘Akshar’ which runs across municipal schools in Mumbai)
- L&T Insurance (Specialized creative writing workshops for the marketing team)
- Rustomjee Builders (dedicated workshops for residents of Rustomjee developments)
- IL&FS (Story and Creative writing sessions for children of employees)
- Ogilvy & Mather Advertising, Mumbai (Art sessions for copywriting and visual design team)
- S P Jain Institute for Management studies (Creative problem solving for students of the S P Jain Entrepreneurship program)
- Juhu Gymkhana (Magic Reading Room for Members children)
Teacher Training sessions:
- Ecole Mondiale World School
- Aditya Birla World Academy
- Shishuvan School
- Online Teacher Training Module – CBSE
Customized Workshops for:
- India Habitat Center, New Delhi
- Epicenter, Gurgaon
- CSMVS (former Prince Of Wales Museum, Mumbai)
- Mohile Parikh Visual Arts center at NCPA which works with a network of 20 NGOs.
- Each One Teach One, NGO
- Tulika Publishers, Chennai
- Young Zubaan Publishers, New Delhi
Festivals of Participation:
- Kala Ghoda Arts Festival
- Equal Streets, Bandra
- Bandra Fest
- Navi Mumbai Fest
- Times Worli Festival
- DNA YA Childrens Festival